Friday, October 3, 2014

Bippity-Boppity Blogs

Each an every week my fellow FYS classmates and I sit down at our computers to blog about the fairy tales we have learned about in the last week. In looking at the blogs of my classmates I definitely found all of them as interesting and unique as the people who wrote them, however some while some were the belles of the balls other could use a little magic to change from drab to fab.

I would have to say that my favorite blogs are by Laura Hawk, Hannah Krauss and Tabitha Schade. Call me indecisive but I can’t pick only one! All of these ladies have excellent blogs that are visually appealing, with pictures in each entry and a background that is appealing yet simple. But, in addition to looking good, their ideas and words are what really make their blogs stand out. Each has their opinions well developed and supported, but written with a style and a voice.

My favorite blog entry was, "A Recipe for Fairytales" by Hannah. I found the idea of writing what a fairytale is as a recipe really neat! Her creativity really stands out in this entry and she backs up her opinions with lots of textual evidence. 

There are a few blogs that I think need to be “spiced up”. I don’t feel comfortable naming names, so my suggestions would be to extend the entries to include details that make the blogs interesting, yet still keeping it concise. Be sure to add personality and style to your entries too. When you have a blog that is intellectually interesting, you want it to be visually appealing as well, so add some pictures! 

Over all I think that the class is doing a good job on their blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment